Training & Growth
Yoga Training Courses – Contact Ohana Yoga
Registration is now open for the 2020/21 season for the following training programs at Ohana:
If you are interested in attending, please contact Lisa at 603-748-1539 to review the details about what you can expect from the program and what the requirements are.
This teacher training is life changing
You need to do this for yourself
Step into change, choose growth
“This training was the best decision I’ve ever made in my entire life. It literally brings tear to my eyes the positive impact it will forever continue to have on my life, and the people I share it with. Its never too late or too early to peel away layers and let the best version of yourself shine through, that has been there all along. Step into change, choose growth. Boy is it worth it.”
Lisa has really put together a great program
“I’m a structural integrator (rolfer) and an national presenter of 20 years of anatomy and physiology w/emphasis on kinesiology and musculoskeletal pathologies. Lisa had the foresight to bring in specialists to emphasize the teachings and fill in the blanks with different perspectives. Lisa has really put together a great program, something to be proud of. Stop thinking about doing something to change your quality of life and perspective, and just do it.”
Level 1 Yoga Training– Contact Ohana Yoga
- Begins in September (with a brief orientation in August)
- Meets once a month (other than September due to Labor Day – The first full weekend of every month, a 4 day retreat in VT in June to wrap up the training)
- Cost includes every expense (books, supplies, guest teachers, anatomy course, retreat, yoga mat, Level 1 Thai Yoga massage certification, meals & much more)
- Payments can be made monthly or in one lump sum for a discount.
- You are given movement, mantra, mediation, and breath work each month to practice at home (after going over extensively during the weekend).
- We cover supplementary topics of anatomy, lifestyle, Ayurveda, Sutras, and the 8 limbs of yoga each month.
- Only open to 12 students, keeping this intimate and available for all students to receive coaching as needed.
- This training is to help one establish a routine at home and learn the ins and outs of a balanced lifestyle where well being is the main focus. Over 10 months you will have many options for rebalancing when life happens.
- You will have many ways to experience movement methodology and experience this in your own life personally.
- You will earn a certificate to teach at the end (if that is what you want) with over 200 hours of learning, however this is more of a transformative journey. When people go though the hard work of this journey they usually want to spread the teachings to others.
Teen Yoga Training – Contact Ohana Yoga
- Begins in September and runs through June
- We meet once a month. (the dates each month are different, as teen schedules are difficult to nail down). We work together to make the class times doable for the teens.
- We meet for three hours
- This is a way for teens to reduce their stress. They have stress from mandatory schooling, sports/activities, and family obligations. We are looking at giving them quick tools to have a balanced life with movement, mediation and breath to work in conjunction with all their other obligations. As they get older they will only be getting busier with college, jobs, and beyond. I am really passionate about helping them remember some of these practices when they need them.
- They will be given only a half an hour of work to try to fit in daily. That is everything combined, so it can be broken up into smaller chunks throughout the day, or done as a ‘chunk’.
- Payments made monthly, and if we need to miss a month due to schedule conflicts, then nothing is paid that month.
- Cost includes all supplies and handouts needed as well as meals at each session.
- This could be used as credits towards a class and depending on what they are capable of in terms of ‘home’ work, can add hours of anatomy towards a college course. A certificate will be issued at the end of the hours they completed, and can go towards hours of a larger training in the future.
- There are six spots for this training.
- Ages 13-17 (or grades 9-12)
Prenatal Yoga Training – Contact Ohana Yoga
- May 16th, 2020 (10am-6pm) & May 17th (9am-5pm) [Could be the weekend before or after depending on the interest and who is available]
- This will be an extensive weekend with prerequisite work and some course work to be done after.
- A certificate for teaching only Prenatal students will be issued when everything is completed.
- Training topics include:
How to teach to pregnant women (strength vs. relaxation, mobility vs. flexibility)
Approaches to teaching and movement for pregnancy
Common problems and symptoms during pregnancy
Partnering and Thai Massage
Core Unit discussion
Psychology for past stressors/trauma/anxiety
Brain work / concentration
Anatomy and more
- This is for not only existing teachers who want to have a specialty focus, but also for doulas, or anyone having a desire to ONLY teach for pregnancy and cannot go through an entire yoga training.
- This is for those who may be nurses wanting to know more movement help for pregnant women.
- And this is also for those pregnant or wanting to get pregnant who want to know more, delve deeper and have more empowerment.
- I’ve been teaching prenatal yoga for over 13 years and a doula for almost two years. I have seen many different bodies and conditions and symptoms. My hope is to finally bring complete information out there to others who have a strong desire to change a woman’s pregnancy to a positive experience.
- Includes supplies and a manual.
- This is limited to 10 students.
I started practicing yoga in the early to mid “90’s” with all the ego of wanting to twist and bend...
Have you ever wondered how much time goes into preparing an hour movement class? A lot. Like an...
I began meditating in 1973. In my early 20’s and going through one of life’s challenges, I was...